During the holidays or rainy/snowy days, call (530) 587-5437 before visiting to see if we are AT CAPACITY. Our vision for the future is a larger, permanent space. Learn more about how you can support the KidZone Museum.
During our winter hours, when we are open until 5 p.m., we strongly encourage you to visit with your children 6 and older after 1 p.m. Children of all ages are encouraged to attend Museum special family events. Children under 6 years old are welcome anytime.
The Museum is designed for ages 7 and younger with a focus on the development of cognitive, motor and social skills through open-ended play. Our goal is for all families to have a positive experience together in our small space. This requires adherence to the following rules, which you might want to go over with your children before coming to the museum. Generally things go much smoother if children know what is expected of them. Thank you for helping us make this a positive experience for everyone.
Rules and Safety
- Supervise your child at all times.
- Clean up museum areas after play, so it will be ready for the next child.
- Adults unaccompanied by children must leave proper photo identification, such as a state driver’s license or passport, at the Front Desk.
- Shoes need to be off and set in cubbies at the entrance
- Help us keep germs away. Please wash hands upon arrival and on departure. Do not bring sick children.
- No running, just skipping.
- No strollers allowed beyond the lobby. Strollers may be parked by entry cubbies.
- Museum premises are tobacco-free.
- No cell phones. To ensure the safety of your child and maximize your child’s experience at the museum we ask you use cell phones to take pictures or answer critical calls only.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy for any personal tablet or computer use on museum premises.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult parent/caregiver (age 16 and older) when visiting the museum.
- You may eat meals you bring in the Science Room or in outdoor areas. We offer a small variety of snacks for sale. Remember that no food is allowed in the exhibit areas.
- Please be courteous to the visitors around you and help your child negotiate play with others as needed.
- Children younger than 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Infant Area is for parents and children under 18 months ONLY. Guide your older children out of this area immediately. They can play in all other areas of the museum.
- Parents are encouraged to play in the exhibits with their children.
- Return all exhibit items to their proper place after playing with them.
- Hang all costumes up after playing dress up.
- Take your artwork home or place it in the provided recycle boxes.
- Ensure children play with items correctly so they do not break (we know accidents happen).
- Clean up supplies and tables in the Art Room and the Science Room.
Here at the KidZone Museum, we are committed to creating a Green Zone for you and your children. The philosophy of Green Zone complements our whole child philosophy of health and wellbeing. By using tried and true non-toxic steamer and EPA recommended disinfecting products, we are creating a clean space to play, with good air quality and not compromising your child’s immune, nervous or endocrine system – as some cleaners are proven to do. We will also be protecting the environment from any further harm, ensuring a healthier world for your child and grandchildren. We clean and sanitize daily.
DO NOT bring your sick child to the Museum. If your child has a green filled runny nose, and preschool says he can’t stay, that means it’s best to play at home. Even if you think your child is “not really sick,” we do serve some children who are immunocompromised and catching a sickness from another child is a hardship for them.
Parents who visit with children who are sick will be asked to leave.
Thank you for your consideration!