This picture shows the results of taking a stick that has been eaten by little insects and rolling it like a rolling pin across the play dough. What is left behind is the amazing print of the insect’s path. How cool!
To do this:
- Collect natural materials from outside like sticks, pinecones, rocks, and leaves
- Make play dough – recipe below
- Press natural material into the play dough to discover the unique textures of nature
Homemade Play Dough
To make our favorite homemade play dough recipe you’ll need to mix, in a large bowl:
- 2 cups of plain (all purpose) flour
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 2 tablespoons of cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- A few drops of glycerine (optional)
Then you need to add in some liquid to bring your dough together. For a basic play dough recipe you’d add 1 and half cups of just-boiled water. To add some seasonal color, I replaced some of this water with a good squirt of paint.